Today we are excited to announce that the ClimaCell Weather API is now available on RapidAPI! ClimaCell offers hyper-accurate weather data from any minute in the past with unprecedented resolution, through an easy to consume restful API. By partnering with RapidAPI, the Climacell API is now available to our entire community of developers to connect and start making API calls in a matter of minutes!
What Can You Do with the ClimaCell Weather API?
So many industries are affected by the weather. Construction companies can’t build when the weather is bad. Utilities need to ramp up power delivery when the need is greatest. Companies with workers who go outside need to ensure the safety of their workers. Online shopping increases during certain weather patterns, and declines during others. Sports teams need to take precautions depending on the weather. We’re here to make sure your business can scale, optimize, and keep people safe based on weather conditions.
- Understand how weather affects your business so you can plan more efficiently
- Get past weather information on a global basis
- Analyze past events with our meteorologist-approved data
- Don’t be fooled by weather that’s only near the location you care about – get the weather exactly where you care, globally
- Get the most accurate current weather information
- Know when it’s raining, snowing, windy, hot, and much more
- See into the future with best-in-the-industry, minute-by-minute forecasts (up to 15 days)
- Plan more effectively and make sure the weather doesn’t catch you off guard
- Make sure you have enough bandwidth on peak days
- Prepare for inclement weather with our proactive alerting that are sent up to 6 hours in advance of an event
- Make sure your users stay safe
- Minimize the risk of damage caused by weather
- Visualize weather conditions on your own maps with a high level of detail
- Plan activities based on current, past, and future weather states
- See many weather conditions, including temperature, precipitation, visibility, clouds, and more
Some of our smartest customers use historical weather data to map when their demand is low (or high!), and then use that information to plan future business decisions, using ClimaCell’s forecasting capabilities. For instance, if you know that demand for your service drops when the weather is bad, you could decrease supply (say, have fewer people work), or increase demand by offering an incentive to use the service.
In other cases, people need to know when the weather will be bad for a certain activity. Some tasks are dangerous to perform in different weather conditions. For example, you wouldn’t want workers out when there’s going to be hail. ClimaCell’s proactive alerting capability can alert you 6 hours prior to weather conditions. We let you choose whether we should send a message to your users, or to send the alert to a webhook so that you can manage operations centrally.
How to Use the ClimaCell Weather API
To get started with the ClimaCell API on RapidAPI, head over to the API listing. Before you’re able to make a request to the API, you’ll need to subscribe to a pricing plan. This can be done from the API’s pricing tab.
Once you are subscribed, you can begin using the API!
RapidAPI provides the functionality to test the API directly in the browser to see what data the API provides. Once you’re happy with the results, you can use the code snippet provided to get started with the API in your application!
We hope we’ve inspired you to outsmart the weather, and also shown you how easy it is to get started with the ClimaCell Weather API! Don’t feel limited by the ideas above – chart your own course, march to the beat of your own drum, and innovate like never before! We’re excited to see what you do.
Related: How to make a Weather App in Python