What are Real Estate APIs?
Real estate companies like Zillow, Trulia, RedFin, etc, rely on APIs and data feeds to help supplement their real estate listings with relevant property data.
Real estate APIs have different functionalities including:
What is the best real estate & housing API?
After reviewing over 21 real estate & housing APIs, we found these 7 APIs to be the very best and worth mentioning:
Our Top 7 Best Real Estate APIs for 2019
|Zillow||Best for real-time mortgage & home valuation data||Connect to API|
|Trulia||Best for mortgage and rental properties||Connect to API|
|Commercial Real Estate Insights||Best for commercial & business properties||Connect to API|
|ATTOM Property||Best for all-around real estate data||Connect to API|
|Estated Data||Best for property records||Connect to API|
|Walk Score||Best for commute data||Connect to API|
|Rent Estimate||Best for rent data||Connect to API|
Our Top Picks for Best Real Estate APIs
What is the Zillow API?
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the space and provides millions of for-sale and rental listings across the US.
With the Zillow API, you can get access to all their available public data and show this data in real time.
See below for their available endpoints:
Zillow API Endpoints - How to Use the Zillow API
- getChart - The GetChart API generates a URL for an image file that displays historical Zestimates for a specific property
- getComps - The GetComps API returns a list of comparable recent sales for a specified property.
- getDeepComps - The GetDeepComps API returns a list of comparable recent sales for a specified property.
- getDeepSearchResults - The GetDeepSearchResults API finds a property for a specified address.
- getRegionChildren - For a specified region, the GetRegionChildren API returns a list of subregions with the following information: Subregion Type, Region IDs, Region Names, URL to Corresponding Zillow Page (only for cities and neighborhoods), Latitudes and Longitudes
- getSearchResults - The GetSearchResults API finds a property for a specified address.
- getUpdatedPropertyDetails - For a specified property, the GetUpdatedPropertyDetails API returns all of the home facts that have been edited by the home's owner or agent.
- getZestimate - The GetZestimate API will only surface properties for which a Zestimate exists.
Zillow API Pricing - How Much Does the API Cost?
The API is free to use once you acquire an API key from zillow.com.
How to get a Zillow API Key
Popularity Score: 8.5/10
Trulia is a website that aggregates real estate listings and rental properties to provide insight into housing and homes for sale.
Does Trulia have an API?
Trulia has an unofficial API on RapidAPI.com. The API provides insight into property details and listing data from Trulia.com. The API also provides an auto-complete endpoint for both keywords and locations.
The Trulia API is a must-have if you're looking to enrich your website or mobile app with real estate housing data.
Popularity Score: 7.6/10
3. Commercial Real Estate Insights
The Commercial Real Estate Insights API does exactly as the name suggests: provides insights into business real estate addresses.
The API has a single endpoint that returns relevant business information such as:
- Building Square Footage
- Distance to Closest Building
- Swimming Pool/Beach nearby
- Number of floors
Popularity Score: 5.9/10
4. ATTOM Property
ATTOM Data is an provider that has solutions for real estate and property data.
The ATTOM Property API provides all around property insight into a real estate listing using their property data collected for more than 155 million US properties.
The top API endpoints include:
- Sale History
- Sales Trends
- Mortgage Details
- School Details
- and much more...
Popularity Score: 4.7/10
5. Estated Data
The Estated API provides access to their massive database, which includes 20+ billion data points on properties across the US.
With the API, you can query multiple datasets based on specific parameters. For example, you could ask: "Show me all homes with a pool, with sales and owner records between 1,500 and 3,000 square feet in California," and get a JSON response with relevant real estate data.
The API has a single endpoint that just requires an address to gain insight into property data.
Popularity Score: n/a/10
6. Walk Score
Walk score is a website that provides insight into the "walkability" and commute options from specific properties.
Their API allows developers to access this data and enrich their website or mobile apps with relevant information.
Walk Score API Key
Sign up here for a free API key. The free version allows for 5,000 calls/day, while the premium API offers higher volume usage.
Popularity Score: n/a/10
7. Rent Estimate
The Rent Estimate API is an API that helps you budget and calculate rent for specific properties.
Just input relevant parameters such as number of bedrooms, bathrooms, property type, square footage to get an estimate of how much rent a tenant will have to pay for a property.
Popularity Score: 8.6/10
All APIs found on RapidAPI.com can be used in your preferred programming languages:
- Java (Android)
Does RedFin provide an API?
Other Related APIs
Summary: Best Real Estate APIs for Housing Data
|API||Main Functionality||Popularity Score||Latency||Success Rate||Pricing||Available Requests (Free)|
|Zillow||Real Estate & Mortgage||8.5/10||289ms||54%||Free||n/a|
|Trulia||Real Estate Property Listings||7.6/10||2188ms||90%||Freemium||500/month|
|Commercial Real Estate Insights||Commercial Business Data||5.9/10||8819ms||93%||Freemium||10/month|
|ATTOM Property||All Around Real Estate Data||4.7/10||784ms||33%||10/month|
|Estated Data||Property Records||n/a||n/a||n/a||Paid||n/a|
|Walk Score||Commuting Data||n/a||n/a||n/a||Freemium||5000/day|
|Rent Estimate||Rental Data||8.6/10||11396ms||47%||Freemium||50/month|
Complete List of the Best Real Estate APIs
- ATTOM Property - ATTOM Data Solutions provides premium property data to power products that improve transparency, innovation, efficiency and disruption in a data-driven economy. ATTOM multi-sources property tax, deed, mortgage, foreclosure, environmental risk, natural hazard, neighborhood, and boundary data for more than 155 million U.S. residential and commercial properties covering 99 percent of the nation's population.
- Booking - Booking API helps to query rooms, price, facilities, policities, etc information from many hotels around the world as on official site.
- Commercial Real Estate Insights - Recieve commercial business property information by providing just the name and the address of a business
- Crime Data - Crime data is great for safe neighbourhoods.
- Crowd Valley - The Crowd Valley API is used to build online platforms and marketplaces globally for managing private placements, securities, real estate, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer lending, and public stock trading.
- Estated Data - Our API connects you with over 20 billion data points for property records across the U.S. instantly to help you grow your business.
- Google Maps Geocoding - Geocoding is the process of converting addresses (like "1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA") into geographic coordinates (like latitude 37.423021 and longitude -122.083739), which you can use to place markers on a map, or position the map.
- GooglePlaces - Add location awareness for more contextual results.
- lethbridge - lethbridge real estate api that works specifically for licensed real estate agents located geographically in lethbridge alberta canada. those who are not licensed in this trade area will not be able to run this api successfully.
- Mortgage Payments - A simple API to calculate monthly mortgage payments, including principal and interest; taxes; homeowners insurance; and mortgage insurance.
- RedLine Zipcode - The Zip Code API provides the following functions: Distance Between Zip Code API - The API allows you to quickly and easily figure out the distance between zip codes.
- Rent Estimate - The RealtyMole.com Rent Estimate API provides an estimate of the rent for a given property.
- Rocketium - Rocketium's video creation API enables businesses to automate bulk video creation. Devs can use this API to make videos from a series of images, clips, some text, music, and voice-over. Though this API is mostly used by e-commerce and retail businesses, folks from marketing agencies, online news and media houses, real estate, event management, hospitality, FMCG, and travel also benefit by making videos in bulk.
- Taxee - MEET TAXEE Your Friendly Neighborhood Income Tax Data and Calculation API.
- Trulia - Trulia API helps to query properties for sale, rent, etc as on official site
- Urban Geo Data - Get the crime rate, noise, air pollution, amenities, accessibility, demographics of residents and prices of real estate in selected GPS location.
- Walk Score - This API returns the Walk Score, Transit Score and Bike Score for any location.
- YelpAPI - Access local businesses data from the Yelp database.
- YourMapper2 - Tap into the millions of points of local, open, civic data nationwide, for you own websites or mobile applications.
- Zillow - Show updated real estate and mortgage content in real time.
- Homes.com API - Listing data and online leads