Table of Contents
Here’s a list of 20 tutorials on how to create an API!
This list has been sorted by the programming language used in the tutorial, which makes it easy to find the perfect tutorial for your needs.
Node.js API Tutorials
- RESTful API design with Node.js – Hackernoon
- Speed up your RESTful API development in Node.js with Swagger – Scotch.io
- Create a single-page web app with REST API backend – Microsoft
- Build Node.js RESTful APIs in 10 Minutes – CodeMentor
- Build a Node.js RESTful API and deploy it to an API app in Azure – Microsoft Azure
Python API Tutorials
- Building a Basic RestFul API in Python – CodeMentor
- Building beautiful REST APIs using Flask, Swagger UI and Flask-RESTPlus – Michal Karzynski
- Build a REST API with Django – A Test Driven Approach: Part 1 – Scotch.io
- Building RESTful APIs With Flask: The DIY Approach – EnvatoTuts+
- How to Build a Serverless API with Amazon Web Services’ API Gateway – Twilio
PHP API Tutorials
- Creating a simple REST API in PHP – shareurcodes
- Laravel API Tutorial: How to Build and Test a RESTful API – Toptal
Ruby on Rails API Tutorials
- Build a RESTful JSON API With Rails 5 – Part One – Scotch.io
Build Something Awesome!
Join over 500,000 Developers and starting connecting to over 8,000+ APIs!
Go API Tutorials
- Building a RESTful API with Golang – CodeMentor
- Building and Testing a REST API in Go with Gorilla Mux and PostgreSQL – Semaphore
Java API Tutorials
- Creating A Simple REST Service Using AWS Lambda, API Gateway, And IAM – Finra Technology
- Building a RESTful Web Service – Spring.io
Elixir API Tutorials
ASP.NET Web API (C#/.NET) API Tutorials
Monetize your API!
Click here to begin Monetizing your API!
Summary: Programming Languages for Building APIs
The following is a summary of the available tutorials for building APIs for the various programming languages/frameworks. Whichever programming language you decide to go with is up to your own personal preference.
|API Programming Language||Number of Tutorials|
|Ruby on Rails||1|
Are there any tutorials on how to create an API that you highly recommend? Comment your favorite API creation tutorials down below!