Creating your own API can be a great way to build a business around data you’ve collected or a service you’ve created, or it can just be a fun personal project that allows you to learn a new skill.
Here’s a list of 20 tutorials on how to create an API! This list has been sorted by the programming language used in the tutorial, which makes it easy to find the perfect tutorial for your needs.
- RESTful API design with Node.js – Hackernoon
- Speed up your RESTful API development in Node.js with Swagger – Scotch.io
- Create a single-page web app with REST API backend – Microsoft
- Build Node.js RESTful APIs in 10 Minutes – CodeMentor
- Build a Node.js RESTful API and deploy it to an API app in Azure – Microsoft Azure
- Building a Basic RestFul API in Python – CodeMentor
- Building beautiful REST APIs using Flask, Swagger UI and Flask-RESTPlus – Michal Karzynski
- Build a REST API with Django – A Test Driven Approach: Part 1 – Scotch.io
- Building RESTful APIs With Flask: The DIY Approach – EnvatoTuts+
- How to Build a Serverless API with Amazon Web Services’ API Gateway – Twilio
- Creating a simple REST API in PHP – shareurcodes
- Laravel API Tutorial: How to Build and Test a RESTful API – Toptal
Ruby on Rails
- Build a RESTful JSON API With Rails 5 – Part One – Scotch.io
- Rails JSON API Tutorial: Using JSON API Resources GEM – tutorialsfordevs
- Building a RESTful API with Golang – CodeMentor
- Building and Testing a REST API in Go with Gorilla Mux and PostgreSQL – Semaphore
- Creating A Simple REST Service Using AWS Lambda, API Gateway, And IAM – Finra Technology
- Building a RESTful Web Service – Spring.io
ASP.NET Web API (C#/.NET)
Are there any tutorials on how to create an API that you highly recommend? Comment your favorite API creation tutorials down below!