RapidAPI isn’t just a hub of 400,000 developers to find, test and connect to APIs. It’s also a place for API providers to manage, distribute and monetize them.
We’ve spent the past three months talking to providers of our 8,000 APIs. During these conversations, we’ve heard useful insights from technical recommendations to big picture strategic ideas. Let’s just say, there were a lot of meeting notes!
Ultimately, these conversations translated into a new API provider dashboard with extensive user management, support, and analytics features. Below are some highlights of what you can look forward to.
A Rebooted User Management System
No more estimating analytics or guessing who your power users are. The Users section will give you insight into your users and provide controls for managing them. With this new feature, you’ll be able to…
- Monitor user trends: See charts that track user growth and detail on daily active users and total users.
- Find specific users: Directly search for users and view related information, instead of navigating through multiple pages of user analytics
- Analyze user base: Sort and filter using attributes such as Plan Type or Total Spend to understand and segment your users.
A Custom Support Helpdesk
Keep track of individual conversations in one place! The Support tool will be your helpdesk for answering all your users’ questions. You’ll be able to…
- Send and receive direct messages: Users will be able to send you private messages from the marketplace and you can respond or contact them right from your dashboard.
- Track public discussions: View snippets of new public discussions and comments on existing ones.
- Benchmark response times: Compare your response times with the average provider response times.
A New On-boarding Tool
Last but not least, we’d like to introduce you to our new Accelerate feature! Accelerate will help you on-board new users and retain existing ones. With this feature, you will be able to…
- Gain insight into user acquisition: See a funnel view of user acquisition from page views to API requests to get insight on the user acquisition process.
- Send bulk automated and manual messages: Provide users with timely notifications to enhance their experience with your API and grow your user base.
Even more features
In addition to the highlighted sections, the new provider dashboard will have full blown API Analytics, functionality to add/edit API definitions and pricing plans, as well as the ability to monitor subscriptions and transactions. Frankly, we’re pretty excited about it.
Tell us what you think!
The new API provider dashboard will be available over the coming quarters, but is open earlier to our Early Access Program members.
Our Early Access Program givesyou insight into new functionality and allows you to share your feedback and influence our roadmap. If you are interested in joining the Early Access Program for the API provider dashboard, enter your name here. We’ll start sending invitations for the Early Access Program in November and plan for the dashboard to be generally available early next year.
In the meantime, we are always interested in hearing your thoughts. Feel free to drop us a note at email@example.com or in the comments below.